Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, January 7, 2011

Out With the Old, In With the New

It's one week into 2011, and I'm already behind! My excuse? I'm still on vacation! Wade and I arrived in VA Christmas night, right before the 12 inches of snow. Thank goodness we were able to avoid all the chaos at the airport that the snowstorms produced. I decided an extended stay was in order to recharge and start fresh. So even though it meant Wade missed a week of school and an extra week of therapy, we spent two relaxing weeks seeing family and friends and chilling out on the couch! It was so worth it, and I'm definitely not looking forward to landing at DFW tomorrow night and facing reality! As a result of our extra week of vacation, I made an executive decision that my resolutions for the new year don't take effect until Sunday, January 9. One more day to figure them all out. Procrastination at its finest!

As I reflect on 2010, I realize that this past year probably yielded the biggest changes in our family since Curtis and I got married in July 2005. It was definitely an emotional year to say the least. But in hindsight, I realize how truly blessed we are. Thankfully, the negative, scary, dark and isolating days are overshadowed by all the joys and successes each of us had last year. I'm tremendously glad I have the ability to "forget" the bad stuff, only able to remember it if I really think about it. From Wade becoming mobile in his new power wheelchair, to Curtis loosing nearly 40 pounds, all while I became a stay at home mom are just a few of the amazing things that took place in our lives over the last 12 months.

In my next couple of posts, I'll go into a little more depth and share the highlights from 2010. I'll also be compiling a post listing off my goals for 2011. Hopefully by resolving to everyone in blog land what I hope to accomplish, it will help hold me accountable. Who wants to admit to everyone that they were only able to accomplish 1 out of 10 goals??? Not me! So join me in a few days to get a little glimpse of our achievements--especially Wade's!!!--and a preview of what we'll be up to in the coming months.


No comments: